Saturday, June 21, 2008

How do you catch a snake?


This is one of the joys of living in the country. This week I woke up one morning to find this snakeskin in front of my garage. EEEWWW! My mom and I hate snakes of any kind. Just the idea that they are surrounding our house is not relaxing at all. Can you see how long it is? I know it kind of blends in with the driveway, but it was very long. Our fear was that he crawled under our garage door and made his home in the garage. I hope not!

The next morning my granny came to work (she lives next door to us and works at my mom's home daycare). She said..."guess what I saw in my garage this weekend?", yep, you guessed our friend Mr. Freshly shed snakeskin made his way into my Granny's garage. She said he was the longest black snake she had ever seen. I asked if he looked freshly peeled, waxed, and shiny? She tried to kill him, but he got away too fast. My Granny is a good match for a snake because she doesn't run away from them terrified like my mom and I do. She runs towards them with a hoe and chops them into tiny pieces!

If you have to kill a snake, kill it once and for all

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...