Monday, August 11, 2008

Blog Sale!

My great blog designer and friend is having a big one year anniversary sale this month! If you are a blogger or have been thinking about joining the ranks with the rest of us, I encourage you to use Danielle to put that extra special touch on your blog. She is easy to work with, very talented, and reasonably priced. So go ahead, start blogging!

I first began reading blogs when I began the adoption process. I came across families who were adopting and found great comfort in reading about their journeys through this often complicated and long road. Then I came across blogs of regular people who I just found interesting. I'm a nosey person by nature, so the ability for me to peruse through some one's life online was a lot of fun! I mean, I don't just intentionally or obviously pry into people's lives...somehow people just automatically tell me their life stories and struggles ALL of the time.(Just last week at the Post Office the worker told me she had been married for 30 years and advised me to stay single! Then at the salon my esthetician told me about her recent breakup from her fiance and how her life was crumbling to pieces...these were both within one hour of each other. Later I went to an Art Museum and had lunch at a cafe and someone just came to my table to share their story with me...maybe I look like a shrink?) I find people intriguing and I find it inspirational to see what people overcome in their own personal journeys.

So all of this got me to thinking maybe I should blog, too. Everyone has a story to tell and I'm an open book to anyone who asks. So why not put it online? Mainly I wanted this as a scrapbook and storyboard for Molly...for her to see what I was doing and thinking as I waited for her. But, it has become so much more than that to me. It's actually therapeutic to get on here and record my thoughts and feelings about life.

This turned out to be a very long commercial just to encourage you to take advantage of Danielle's design expertise and have your blog revamped!

1 comment:

Blogs by Danielle said...

You are the best! Thank you!

I think that people can tell that you're incredibly kind, and that you'll listen. You can often tell that about people. I can tell that about you, and I know from our emails etc... that it's true.

The other day I had a really long conversation with a wonderful 53 year old woman at the nail salon. It ended with a huge hug. She was just one of those people you could talk to.

Just another reminder that there are great people out there (like you) who care :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...