Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Review Room Update


I'm officially out of review!! I just heard this morning that my dossier has made it through the review room of the CCAA.
For those of you who do not know the routine...after you complete your dossier (huge file of paperwork fro China) you mail it to CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs) and they "hold" it in the review room until they get to your LID (Log in Date). My LID is 2/25/07 ...so it took almost 19 months to get to this step. It's a huge relief just to know that everything "past inspection" so to speak and I'm ready to WAIT for the next step which will be a referral. I think it will probably be another 2 years unless a miracle changes the current rate of referrals. Anyway, I'm really happy!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Congratulations! I know how important each step is and the meaning of each milestone. Little by little, you'll get there. I used to be so frustrated when others would tell me you'd forget about how long the wait was as soon as you see your baby...then I learned they were right! But I know that doesn't help during the waiting. Praying the line will speed up and you'll be joined with your baby soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...