Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Tradition #4

Christmas Tradition #4


Shopping


Of course I had to include shopping on 'Black Friday' as tradition #4! Although I typically do not get into the crowds on Black Friday, I try to stay home and decorate. My goal each year is to have most all of my shopping completed well before Christmas. I try my best to stick with a budget and list. I think Christmas is way too commercialized and I really hope not to go crazy with the gifts and the 'Santa' thing when Molly actually gets here. This year for Eddie and Maddie I have bought them one present each (that's OK, right?)...I got her a monogrammed easel and him a little toddle toy.

I've heard of families setting a limit of 3 gifts per kid, or other such restrictions so as to not go too crazy just because it's Christmas. I don't know if I will be that stringent, but I do think it's good to keep things in perspective!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I totally agree about not going too crazy with kids toys and gifts at Christmas. Like you...I hope I'll stick to that when I actually have kids but I think I will.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...