Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Day

Eddie is eating jellybeans in this first picture! It was so funny, I think he had about 4 in his mouth at once! The dessert table is always the best, right? I made a tangerine cake which was out of the Paula Deen April '08 Magazine. It was so moist and delicious. The kids and I made the cupcakes yesterday and Granny made the coconut cake with a birds nest in the middle. We bought beautiful tulips from Walmart for $5.00/bouquet. What a great deal!
This was last weekend at the Easter Egg Hunt. Eddie played in the dirt (and ate a little too!) when we came back home!

We had a great Easter Day. I have stopped this evening to take a moment and give thanks to God for all of my blessings that he so richly has given me. Often times I am so busy (especially holidays) and I'm always working toward the next 'step' in life that I forget to give him thanks for what he's already done. During this season I'm especially reminded of forgiveness that only Jesus could give me. I'm so thankful that as a child I had a family who instilled Christian values in me and taught me the true meaning of holidays like Easter. I am thankful for my family, my home, my job, and all of my friends who mean so much to me! I'm looking forward with great expectation to what the Lord will do in my life from this moment on. I hope your Easter Day was full of joy!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful Easter. Every Paula Deen recipe I've made is amazing! Happy Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...