And finally, this is sweet baby Reed who had been waiting for a heart transplant for a while. His family's blog is here. He has his brand new heart and is almost ready to go home!!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Remember from an earlier post I told you we had taken 1 truck load to the dump and 1 truck load to Goodwill, well we still have plenty of 'stuff' but at least you can walk on the floors in the attic. I'm posting these pictures mainly to have it chronicled with today's date that it was actually clean (trust me, this is good!) We'll see how long it takes my mom to fill it up again.
The steps are clutter free!!!
What you find when you clean an attic:
1. A dead mouse...eeewwhhh I couldn't bear to sweep him up so he's still up there!
Monday, January 26, 2009
so I could relax my sore muscles! We had SO MUCH junk in the attic and I've been waiting to get my hands on it for years. You may know from reading other posts that my mom, I love her, but she is a major hoarder of goods! We took one full truck load to Goodwill and one full truck load to the dump and we still have more to go! We had to get get through the attic before we could fit (or re-fit) our Christmas Tree and Decorations back in the attic. (Yes, our Christmas tree is still up:)) We do have the ornaments off and packed away, though! We're making progress! We cleaned out things like all of my dad's textbooks from Pharmacy school in the 1960's, all of my brother's work from college and law school (three full boxes of textbooks and work), old magazines saved for no reason????, newspapers from when Kennedy was shot, Elvis died, and Princess Diana got married. They were all dry rotted because they've been in the attic not in a box or anything for 30+ years. In the treasures we found...
My Barbie Dream House from 1979...I loved that thing!
and also original Cabbage Patch Kid clothes, and an adorable Snoopy and Belle dress up dolls with a clothes closet from the late 1970's/early 1980's as well. I had forgotten these were in the attic.
Some other fun treasured items were a school book of my mom's when she was in 'Beauty School' after high school and before she and my dad married she had 'doodled' her name with my dad's last name in the front cover of it! She wrote what her full name would be...Mrs... haven't we all done that at some point? Report Cards and school work for both Eddie and me and even my dad! So it was a productive, fun, but sore weekend!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I never could have imagined the wait for sweet Molly would have taken so long. I'm not sure how much longer it will be, but I know it will be more than a year, maybe two more years. Currently China has sent out referrals to people logged in up to March 2, 2006...my LID is 2/25/2007. Rumor has it that it could take this whole year just to refer all of March 2006. I don't want to believe it, but it could be true. It's a waiting game and I'll play along (although not so happily) until I have my daughter...
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
I'll tag anyone out there who wants to play along. I find most blogs brilliant in content and design which is why I have a blogging addiction.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Jill recently left the sweetest comment about my skin on one of my posts and asked me to share my skincare routine in a post. These kind of comments go straight to a girl's head and so it took me a couple days to settle down a bit! Thanks Jill! I've always hated my skin actually because it is dry and pale. I always burn in the sun and I wanted to have a golden tan like the Golden Dream Girl Barbie. However, I've since come to grips with my skin and do try to put effort into keeping it healthy.
1. Cleanse. My favorite beauty product is the Clarisonic Skin Care System and I use it every night. My girlfriends can tell you I'm a 'bathroom' hog on trips and such. I never go to bed without going through my nightly beauty regimen! But this little product washes my skin and pores from all the dirt and grime from the day. Oprah had it on her favorite things one Christmas and I bought it for myself! It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it I think.
2. Sunscreen. I try my best to use sunscreen everyday, even in the winter months. I love the Peter Thomas Roth line because it is light and doesn't clog your pores. The body spray is wonderful for your arms and neck areas. The little sunscreen brush is instant mineral sunscreen powder and I use it in the afternoons at recess and dismissal at school. My 'duty' is car rider dismissal and so I'm directly in the afternoon sun for 40-50 minutes with both recess and dismissal. I don't want to smear sunscreen lotion on at those times so I just use this brush and I'm ready.
3. Water, I drink lots of it every. single. day. I crave it actually. I like to think it helps my skin.
4. Moisturize, because my skin is very dry I use a very creamy moisturizer at night (Cetaphil) and a lighter one for day (Oil of Olay). This can be tricky because I don't want to use too much to clog my pores, but yet I need to feel moisturized. I also am allergic to most smells so I have to have a strictly fragrance free moisturizer and they are hard to find!
5. Glycolic Acid Hydrating Gel I did't want to leave out my nightly use of this product. It clarifies the skin and helps to even out rough textures. It moisturizes without greasiness. Their are many different brands of gycolic acid, but this is the only one I've used.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Santa even was there!