Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chicken & Dumplings Night

Tonight I thought I'd try making Chicken and Dumplings for the first time.
I saw a recipe in a Southern Living Magazine and it just made me want to try it.
I've never made any kind of dumplings or homemade noodles, so I was a bit cautious.
But, I'm trying to add different things to our weekly menu that are relatively cheap to make and that Molly will eat.  This was a bit time consuming...cooking the chicken, letting it cool, and then shredding it and making the soup/stew.  But it was a fun process.  
It turned out really good and Molly loved it.  She normally doesn't eat much meat, but I have found she likes ground beef if it's cooked in things like Chili, Spaghetti, or other casseroles and she likes chicken if it's in this form not necessarily just cooked chicken.
Making the dumplings
Molly got in on the action and tossed in my dumplings one at a time.
some missed the pot

some were carefully examined





lookin' good
yummo!




what are some of your favorite weeknight dinners?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh Yum! The chicken & dumplings looks really good and creamy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...