Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Molly!!!


"You are the poem I dreamed of writing ..the masterpiece I longed to paint. You are the shining star I reached for in my ever hopeful quest for life fulfilled. You are my child. Now with all things I am blessed!"


 Molly-3 years old
 Madison- 5.5 years old

 Eddie 4 years old
 Our cousin, Kayla- 3.5 years old

 Our theme this year was "Goldilocks and the 3 Bears"
She loves that story and I thought it would be fun to decorate with elements from the story
My neighbor made the cake and it was SO GOOD!
" Baked Porridge"
 Bear Cupcakes
 My neighbor also made these chocolate popsicles, yummy!


 I collected Goldilocks books, bear decorations, and anything that fit the theme for about 6 months from local Goodwill and Thrift stores (the "vase" holding these flowers is a bear jar)

 I made different garlands using pages from one of the books

 I ordered plastic bear bottles for the kids to drink juice from

 Yummy food...egg salad rolls, fruit and dip, mini quiche, sausage balls, veggie pizza, ham rolls, veggie sticks...I was busy all morning!
 While all of the adults started eating, I took the kids on a "Goldilocks hunt" in the front yard.  I hid one Golidlocks and lots of cut out bears and 3's cut out from paper.  They all got treats after the game.


 Kayla, Molly, and Kegan
 Aunt Nancy had story time with the kids...they LOVED this!!

 look at how intent they are listening/looking:)
 she was so happy!!


 lots of fun presents!  she really loves this Halloween book b/c it makes a scary noise at the end:)


at the end she said "thank you, bye bye" (the bye bye was completely unprompted)
 after the party, we lined up w/ balloons and released them
is there anything more fun for kids than to watch a balloon go up in the sky??




they are all showing how old they are w/ their fingers...molly is still working on holding 3 up...it's a bit hard!
and the party was over!

We had a really fun day!  Thanks to all of our family and friends for coming to celebrate with us!

3 comments:

caryn said...

Happy Birthday Molly from up here in Cape Cod! What a sweet theme for a party, love the idea of the banner made out of pages of the book!

On another note, we were in your state at the end of August and it is beautiful there.

Enjoy your three year old, mine is keeping me on my toes!

groovy mama said...

OH my Gosh! How fun! I think last year i wanted to come and this year too, maybe next year!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY!!!
you have a great mama!
Donna

Laurie said...

Cutest party ever! You did a great job with all the special details. Happy b-day to your sweet angel!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...