Monday, September 7, 2015

Summer Furniture Refinishing


Every summer I try to do a few furniture refinishing projects just to be creative and to make a little extra money.  I post to facebook and craigslist in order to sell them.  The key in making a profit is buying it as cheap as possible.  This summer I had some hits and misses...


This was my first redo.  I purchased this vintage  (or antique) chest of drawers from craigslist for $50.  I painted the bottom a pretty robin's egg blue and stained the top.  It had 1 handle missing which is always a bummer b/c I love the original hardware.  So, I replaced the top drawer with new knobs.  I thought this would sell the fastest..but it's still available.  If you are in the Nashville area and are interested, let me know!  It is listed for $150.  






The next piece I worked on was this antique vanity that has such pretty and feminine curves.  I bought it at Goodwill on the half price day.  I painted it a pretty pink and painted the handles white.  My neighbor came by and saw it in my garage and bought it from me for her daughter.


This was the best deal of the summer!  I bought this coffee table at a yard sale for $5.  I knew it had great lines and features and would be  good redo.  I never got an after picture, but the top is stained and the bottom is painted white.  picture to come later...

 Molly was my handy helper!  She loved scraping the top with me!  I just put a natural furniture stripper to take off the stain/varnish in order to sand and re stain it.  





The next piece I refinished was a small desk.  I bought this at 1/2 price at Goodwill.  I almost forgot to take a before picture so I quick took one with the drawers out.  

 

 I also found a chair to go with it.  I painted it in a patriotic them, red and blue, and also stained the top.  

 I finally sold this piece through a facebook post for $75.  


This is my favorite kind of antique furniture to redo...a buffet!  I found this on  craigslist for $80 and have actually decided to keep it for now.  The thin veneer was coming off the top, so I scraped the rest off and just sanded/re stained the top.  I painted the bottom and kept the original hardware.  I love the scallops and chunky legs!  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...